Meet Dr. Hussain
Dr. Karim Hussain is:
- Consultant Oral and MaxilloFacial Surgeon/Head and Neck Surgeon at Guy's Hospital, London.
- A Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- A Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- A Fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- An Examiner for the Specialist Examination in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Ireland.
- Chairman of Head and Neck Tumour Board Guys Hospital
- Chairman of Research Ethics Committee Bexley Health Authority
Before gaining specialist training in oral and facial surgery, Dr. Karim Hussain undertook a wide range of instruction in related medical fields in order to obtain a broad foundation for his work. After earning his dental and medical doctorates, he first completed five years of training in plastic surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery and emergency medicine. He then completed specialty training in surgery of the mouth, jaws, face, salivary glands and neck. He gained additional experience in the U.S., France, Germany, and China.
Dr. Karim Hussain has published many original scientific articles, written textbook chapters, and designed learning modules in the field of oral and facial surgery. In recognition of the quality of his work, the NHS Trust awarded him several Clinical Excellence Awards over the years, and he also received the Norman Rowe Clinical Research Prize in 1997.
Dr. Karim Hussain's hospital affiliations include: